Friday, March 04, 2005

From Curitiba, Parana, Brazil

Me, on computer 10. Thea, computer 11. Daisy, computer 12. Three blind mice.
We type freely, oh so freely, for Curitiba has government sponsored free internet.
Thea says, what is this, Muzak Beatles. She sings along to the saxophone that croons in the night air of this Twin Peaks town with a world-acclaimed transit system, institutionalized scavenging/recycling, European citizens and cobble stones, and Native women with wool wrapped wiggle worm babes on the sidewalk. Welcome to Chi-chi land.

I can't take this. I'm out. Leaving, on a jet bus, don't know when I'll be back again.
Maybe April, to join the MST march. Can I handle that?
Who knows, all I know is I can't take this world of restaurants and hotels and touristing and not giving to beggars and trying to save money to pretend I'm living in solidarity with the povo, the pueblo, the gente,
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh I believe in yesterday....

Shut up.
Self-righteous pompous self-depracating whining tooting (is all that possible simultaneously?)
Get with the program. Life is, will be, however I live it. Ahhhh, and that is the question. How to live it. And I'm finding out, I truly am.

In
the WSF youth camp bag slung from the shoulder of the stranger on the bus (the bag slung from my shoulder is from last year's WSF. the propaganda spreads among us)
the dry compost toilet (that I was too constipated to contribute too, but appreciate nevertheless) at the fresh beautiful hippy scented permaculture house
the whiffs of a library in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon (Amandouim, the children will breathe in word art, and perhaps then create it, because of you)
the hand-made DIY collection of random individuals that are streaming out of the woodworks like termites that know that If we all work together, we can totally disrupt the system (Risa, how many 10th graders have you corrupted, how many future revolutionaries have you created, so far?)
in all these
I'm finding out.
How To Live.
How To Love.

From
Peter Singer, Noam Chomsky, Arundhati Roy, Howard Zinn, Murray Bookchin, Vandana Shiva, Aung San Suu Chi, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Gilberto Gil, Alice Walker, Grace Paley,
in all these living souls
I invoke the strength to know
How To Live, How To Love

From you. Reader. Friend. I invoke the peace, the health, the truth, the beauty,
that lives and breathes inside you,
revolves around a deep core that is you.

Ate logo, amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home